Geared toward beginner and intermediate winter recreation enthusiasts, the festival will showcase some of the best activities Lake Tahoe has to offer – Nordic skiing, backcountry skiing and splitboarding, snowshoeing and natural history events.
“The Mountain Festival was born out of our desire to share our beloved human-powered winter sports with others in our community,” said Brendan Madigan, owner of Alpenglow Sports and founder of the Alpenglow Mountain Festival. “We’ve designed the Mountain Festival as a destination event for mountain enthusiasts of all ability levels who are interested in trying a multitude of human-powered sports in a safe and welcoming environment. “
In addition to local guiding companies Alpenglow Expeditions, Backcountry Babes, Rich Meyer Alpine Guide, and North American Ski Training Center a litany of professional athletes will attend the event in order to lead tours and give presentations. These included Adrian Ballinger, Kim Havell, Noah Howell, Barry Blanchard, Zach Griffin and more.
Other Mountain Festival highlights include:
- The “Nachtspektakel” backcountry social with bonfire and three-course catered meal
- Backcountry Essentials clinics for beginners
- Backcountry Bartending with Adventure Dining Guide
- Adventure Writing Workshop and Cast Iron Cooking clinics with Charlotte Austin
- Dog-friendly events
- Natural History Snowshoe and winter astronomy tours with Tahoe Institute for Natural Science
- Kick-off party/screening of Telluride’s Mountainfilm at Squaw Valley’s Olympic
- Live music at Moe’s Original BBQ with the popular bluegrass band Poor Man’s Whiskey
The complete events schedule can be found here at Alpenglow Sports.